Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Protection

SAFE

The walls
around me

Protect
me from
you

I am afraid
of you

I am not used
to being
afraid

I thought
I
trusted you

Perhaps I did

Perhaps not

I'm thinking

Perhaps
never is
better

And as
I close
my petals
around myself

(They are steel,
you'll never break
through)

You laugh

Shake your head

And say

"Those are
probably
sour grapes anyway"

So you are
content
to condescend

And I am
crushed
in a trap
of my own
making

But safe

Not hurt

Not again

Why
still then
does your
look pierce?

The marrow
melts
in my bones

My soul liquifies

Is it
good
or bad
fire?

I cannot tell.

I just
know

for one moment

My steel petals
are
glass

and you see

You Know.

And I...
Don't.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is really cool good job. I love you blog FROM RACHEL