Thursday, March 26, 2009

Opportunity

The girl sits
Alone

In the brightly
lit room

Her knees pulled
up
to her chest

The lights
begin
to dim

Please God, not
again


Then
Darkness swallows
The corner of the
room

No NO!
God, You
Promised!


The dark
sneaks in
up to her toes


Please, no.
Hold me together.


It slowly
creeps
up her feet
to her ankles

Then her
ankles
to her
knees

Lapping
her
up
in unstoppable
waves of
black

I thought I
was stronger
than this


Steadily, silently
the light slips out
of her room
Leaving her
with her
worst fear

The Black
Alone
With me

Why does no
one stand beside
me?


With a lock
tight on the
door

Locked from the
inside

Then

Suddenly

A shaft of light

Not piercing

But merely glowing
lighting
just enough
to raise her eyes

She moves to the window
and sees the Moon
Softly shimmering down

In that glimpse of Hope...


She
Opens
The
Door

No comments: